directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Siva Kumar" <siva.ku...@onrelay.com>
Subject RE: Searching takes unrealistic time.
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2008 13:14:10 GMT
Thank you for the tip Emmanuel.

But its not seem to help me.

Actually,

I have a custom schema and partition created in ADS and the 40K entries I mentioned follows
the custom objectClass definition.(below)

objectClass ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.17370.2.2.1
	NAME 'mbxperson'
	SUP top STRUCTURAL
	MUST ( uid $ cn $ gn $ sn $ telephoneNumber )
	MAY ( mobileNumber $ ou $ primaryExtention $ title )
	X-ORIGIN 'user defined' )

I have attached the server.xml also for your reference.

My searches are based on names,primaryExtention and telephoneNumber. The performance looks
the same as when no indexes specified.

I have even wiped the whole data off and recreated the entries again to make sure the indexes
applied correctly.

Am I missing anything in the loop in this process? Is there any step I missed out completely??

It would be great if you could help?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Siva.