directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Siva Kumar" <siva.ku...@onrelay.com>
Subject How can I optimize my search with apacheDS?!!!
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 14:55:19 GMT

Hi

     We are using OpenLDAP currently and attempting to move to ApacheDS.

     With 40K entries on my persons tree, my preferences api lookup
takes enormous amount time. I have all the main attributes added on the
index configuration on the server.xml.

     Could anyone help.?

	How would I be able to work it out if my index configuration is
really working?

   	Why my search takes this longer? (Compared to same entries on
OpenLDAP its look unrealistic. Some lookups takes more then a
minute)(It's the same case with 20K or 30K entries.)

	Any optimization tips?

      Thanks in advance to any help.

Siva Kumar