directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Studio] Update of the root page of the website
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 10:58:05 GMT
Thanks Emmanuel and Martin. I'm happy you like it.

On Jan 23, 2008 11:24 AM, Martin Alderson <
Martin.Alderson@salfordsoftware.co.uk> wrote:

> I take it the "LDAP Browser Feature", "LDIF Editor Feature" etc links
> with magnifying glasses will go to other pages once it's live? (I got a
> little confused over them!)

Yeah, you got it right. They will be linked to the specific pages of each
feature. Sorry, I should have explained this in my previous mail.

Sort of off topic: does anyone else think the sub-project links along
> the top of the page should be made to stand out a bit more?  Every time
> I go to directory.apache.org I go straight to the links down the side
> and end up at either a download page or a documentation page.

Ok, I see your problem.
Eyes usually read a page in diagonal, from top-left to bottom-right, which
makes these links a little difficult to see.
Maybe we can add, on the directory.apache.org page, a new section on top of
the "Latest Downloads" one. Someting like:
Subprojects
    Apache DS 1.0
    Apache DS 1.5
    Triplesec
    Studio

WDYT ?

Oh, and while I'm at it the site scrolls down very slowly (in firefox
> at least) - I think that's because of the fixed background image.

That's right, I noticed that on relatively "slow" computers. Firefox does
not seem to very to render several PNG images with transparency.
I'm affraid there's nothing I can do unless remove this gradient
background... :(

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud