directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject [Studio] Should we release a new version of Shared LDAP ?
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2008 16:07:18 GMT
Hi Dev,

As you know, we're in the middle of a Studio (whether it's a RC or not) and
we're trying to fix as many bugs as possible.

The issue DIRSTUDIO-266 (OpenLDAP schema files parser fails when DESC
contains an empty string '') [1] depends on the Apache Directory Shared LDAP
project. This project is mainly used by Apache Directory Server but also by
Apache Directory Studio.

As of now, the Studio project has been using this dependency as a SNAPSHOT
release, compiling a newest version when a bug was fixed in the trunk of the
project, as new releases of the Shared LDAP project only appear when there
is a new release of the Apache Directory Server.

I was wondering if it would make sense to release more often the Shared LDAP
project, when either the Server or Studio projects need it for a release.

WDYT ?

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSTUDIO-266