directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [Studio] Should we release RC versions of Studio ? (was 'Re: [STUDIO] Next version')
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2008 15:05:31 GMT
On Jan 21, 2008 3:46 PM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org> wrote:

> I don't know much about 'Who uses Apache Directory Studio'.
> OOH it doesn't makes a good impression to the user when a bugfix release
> follows immediately after a release,
> OTH do we get some better feedback from the User community when
> releasing an RC first or do users only use released versions?

You're totally right. That's a great summup of the situation.

We have never released any RC so far. We had 3 ßeta versions before
the 1.0but no RC.

I should have CCd this thread to our users' list too. Let's fix that and ask
our users what they prefer too.

Here's a reminder of the vote:

Emmanuel Lécharny was wondering if it would not be a good idea to release RC
> (Release Candidate) for the upcoming release(s).

[ ] +1 We should release RC versions first, prior to releasing a major
update.
[ ] +/-0 Abstain
[ ] -1 We should not release RC versions first, but the final version (and,
eventually, release a service update very quickly if some important bugs are
discovered)

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud