directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject [Studio] Status on release 1.1 (or 1.1-RC)
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2008 15:21:41 GMT
Hi,

I wanted to make a sum up of the remaining things that need to be done for
the release of the future 1.1 or 1.1-RC version of Apache Directory Studio.

The roadmap on Jira looks really good. Only 7 issues on 67 are still open.
I'll be focusing on these ones.
*
• DIRSTUDIO-218 - Some packages are not signed*
This one will be fixed when we'll switch to Maven for our build.
*
•DIRSTUDIO-236 - Update the Apache DS Configuration plugin to work with the
server.xml file of Apache DS 1.5.1*
This one is in progress, and should be resolved in 1 day or so. I still need
to very a few things.

*• DIRSTUDIO-253 - cant open server.xml with directory studio*
This one seems related to the same problem as DIRSTUDIO-224 and the use of
JRE/JDK 1.6. I'm waiting for the confirmation of the reporter.

*• DIRSTUDIO-138 - Add visual feedback to the user, if SSL (ldaps) is
enabled*
I've just made some proposals for this one. Hope you'll like them... ;)

I don't know what's the status for the 3 last ones:

   - DIRSTUDIO-37 - Improve authentication methods and security
   mechanisms
   - DIRSTUDIO-142 - Add SASL authentication
   - DIRSTUDIO-126 - Triple click to edit attribute

Maybe Stefan or Christine can tell us more about it. ;)

There are also a few remaining tasks:
*• Plugins Documentation updates*
I started to update a few one. Some pages needs to be modified and some
screenshots need to be changed as the design of the views has changed and
features have been added.
*
• Mavenization of the build*
Last but not least...
As I said in my last mail about it, we're very close to get it working.

I hope we'll able to finish everything next week, so we can launch a vote.

WDYT ?

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud