directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject [Studio] Mavenization status - Remaning issues
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2008 13:25:22 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to finish the migration to Maven and I face a few issues.

1°/ The pom.xml file from the Studio RCP Plugin project has groupId="
org.apache.directory.studio" and artifactId="rcp". When we execute the
studio:eclipse task on this project, the manifest gets changed and the
'Bundle-SymbolicName' property is modified from "org.apache.directory.studio"
to "org.apache.directory.studio.rcp".
The problem is that "org.apache.directory.studio" is used in the feature and
the update site.
So, we'll need to update them.
Are there any objections on that ?
I don't think this can make the update from the updatesite fail but we'll
have to test that. Changing the ID of a plugin is never a trivial thing...

2°/ We have some problems with the MANIFEST.MF files of the "
org.eclipse.ui.workbench.compatibility" and "
org.eclipse.core.runtime.compatibility.registry" plugins.
The SHA1 checksum verification fails on these files. It seems a line has
been added " Archiver-Version: Plexus Archiver".
Can we do something about that and use the original MANIFEST.MF files, Felix
?

3°/ We still have issues with the replacement and repackaging of 3 Eclipse
plugins (see our last mails about the Maven build).

Besides those 3 issues, I think the Maven build is getting ready and we'll
be able switch our build system very very soon.
I have not found any other issue.
Building is easy, as well importing our projects and debugging them inside
Eclipse. The packaging of the application works very well on any platform
(Mac OS X, Linux or Windows). So is the updatesite generation.

For all that, I would like to thank you, Felix. You've put a lot of time and
efforts in the Mavenization of our build and the solution looks awesome...
:)

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud