directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Studio] Maven Build - New jars to deploy on Studio's Maven repository
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 10:50:52 GMT
Hi Felix,

That's what I was trying to fix these last days.

It seems there's a problem with the 3 plugins we are repackaging.
Theses jars are signed and, as we've updated the 'plugin.xml' of each
plugin, the SHA1 checksum verification fails and prevents Eclipse from
not loaded at all)...

Strangely this kind of problem was not occurring when we were
3.2.xdependencies... Something must have changed between
3.2.x and 3.3.x.

We don't have many solutions to fix this problem.
I see 2 possible ones:

1°/ We let the 'plugin.xml' of each plugin untouched, but in that case,
we'll have a lot of superfluous things (menus,  preferences entries,
extensions points, etc.).

2°/ We continue to use our own 'plugin.xml' file, but then, we'll have to
deploy on the M2 repo our own version of the plugins. We'll have to remove
the Eclipse sign on the jar and, either let it unsigned, or sign it using
our own keystore.
In any case, we have to change the title of the plugin in something like e.g.
"Search Support (adapted for Apache Directory Studio)" instead of just
"Search Support".

I have a preference for solution 2.

WDYT all ?

Thanks,