directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Studio] [Mavenization] Exception when running the studio:eclipse task
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2008 14:23:18 GMT
On Jan 7, 2008 3:13 PM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org> wrote:

> I think so, yes. It's anyway in the svn:ignore property - and then we
> need to avoid creating (or redeleting it) when eclipse:eclipse is run
> from root. Do I import the subprojects wrongly in eclipse when following
> http://directory.apache.org/studio/working.html '...you'll have all the
> projects ready to be imported in Eclipse.'? I import each subproject on
> its own -> importing ~26 subproject and then having ~26 project in
> eclipse (and this way the root .project didn't disturbs me in any way).

I do you do that ??? I'm importing in Eclipse using "File > Import...", then
"General" > "Existing Project into Workspace". Do you import projects the
same way ?

When I do it that way, first, Eclipse only see one project (because of the
.project at the root), then, when the .project file is deleted, I can see
differents projects with the same name in the import panel.

I just adapt the naming of the subproject artifacts to the (OSGi) naming
> which was used by the maven guys to generate the eclipse artifact, which
> is (at least I think so) the package name (except the last part) as
> groupId and the last part as artifactId.
> But I'm still a newby on developing plugins for eclipse and do really
> not know what's best and you do have a lot more experience in this. So
> do what you think is necessary and best to make it work :-)

Héhé. Although it would be good to stick to the OSGI naming used by the
maven guys, in our case, I think we'll need to change it... :(
Without changing it we won't be able to import our projects in Eclipse.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud