directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r608665 - in /directory/sandbox/felixk: ./ studio/ studio/src/main/assembly/
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2008 09:29:47 GMT
Hi Felix,

The ApacheDirectoryStudio.xpm file in the linux distributions is just the
Apache Directory Studio icon. It is only specific to Linux and should not be
bundled with Mac OS X and Windows distributions (where the executables
already have the correct icons).

Here's what any Linux (x86, x86_64 or ppc) distribution should look like:
+--ADS-{profile}
  +-- ApacheDirectoryStudio
  +-- ApacheDirectoryStudio.xpm
  +--> plugins
  +--> features
  +--> configuration
  +-- LICENSE.TXT
  +-- NOTICE.TXT
  +-- Release Notes.txt

Here's what the Windows distribution should look like:
+--ADS-{profile}
  +-- Apache Directory Studio.exe
  +--> plugins
  +--> features
  +--> configuration
  +-- LICENSE.TXT
  +-- NOTICE.TXT
  +-- Release Notes.txt

And, here's what the Mac OS X distribution should look like:
+--ADS-{profile}
  +--> Apache Directory Studio.app
    +--> Contents
      +-- Info.plist
      +--> MacOS
        +-- ApacheDirectoryStudio
      +--> Resources
        +--> Java
          +--> configuration
          +--> features
          +--> plugins
        +-- studio.icns
  +-- LICENSE.TXT
  +-- NOTICE.TXT
  +-- Release Notes.txt

I'll try to modify the assembly-decriptors to get these schemes.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud