directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Studio] Eclipse 3.3.1 dependencies + "Mavenization" of the trunk
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 17:29:22 GMT
Ok,

Here are the new 'Studio Launchers' ->

Now, here's what I wanted to do in the build (and couldn't...):

--> Profile Simplification
I think we can simplify the profiles and update them to follow the eclipse
naming for platforms.

I would rename the profiles as is:
- notests
- linux-x86
- linux-x86_64
- linux-ppc
- macosx
- win32

This means:
   - merging the two Mac OS X profiles into a single one (the application is
the same if it's a PowerPC Mac or an Intel Mac).
   - dropping the windows 64bits profile as we don't have such a machine (so
we can't generate the appropriate launcher) and no one has been complaining
on the ML for the lack of such a release.

--> Add new platform specific variables
With the arrival of the new studio launchers we need to add new platform
specific variables:
- two for the studio launcher itself (there is one per platform) :
studio.launcher.platformrelated.groupId and
studio.launcher.platformrelated.artifactId
- two for the equinox launcher dependency needed by the new studio launcher
: equinox.launcher.platformrelated.groupId and
equinox.launcher.platformrelated.artifactId

I have edited the root pom.xml to reflect these changes
Here is the profiles section:
  <profiles>
    <!-- Skip tests -->
    <profile>
      <id>notests</id>
      <properties>
        <maven.test.skip>true</maven.test.skip>
      </properties>
    </profile>

    <!-- Linux x86 -->
    <profile>
      <id>linux-x86</id>
      <activation>
        <activeByDefault>true</activeByDefault>
      </activation>
      <properties>
        <swt.platformrelated.groupId>org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux
</swt.platformrelated.groupId>
        <swt.platformrelated.artifactId>x86</swt.platformrelated.artifactId>
        <equinox.launcher.platformrelated.groupId>
org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux
</equinox.launcher.platformrelated.groupId>
        <equinox.launcher.platformrelated.artifactId
>x86</equinox.launcher.platformrelated.artifactId>
        <studio.launcher.platformrelated.groupId>org.apache.directory.studio
</studio.launcher.platformrelated.groupId>
        <studio.launcher.platformrelated.artifactId
>launcher-linux</studio.launcher.platformrelated.artifactId>
      </properties>
    </profile>

    <!-- Linux x86_64 -->
    <profile>
      <id>linux-x86_64</id>
      <properties>
        <swt.platformrelated.groupId>org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux
</swt.platformrelated.groupId>
        <swt.platformrelated.artifactId
>x86_64</swt.platformrelated.artifactId>
        <equinox.launcher.platformrelated.groupId>
org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux
</equinox.launcher.platformrelated.groupId>
        <equinox.launcher.platformrelated.artifactId
>x86_64</equinox.launcher.platformrelated.artifactId>
        <studio.launcher.platformrelated.groupId>org.apache.directory.studio
</studio.launcher.platformrelated.groupId>
        <studio.launcher.platformrelated.artifactId
>launcher-linux</studio.launcher.platformrelated.artifactId>
      </properties>
    </profile>

    <!-- Linux PPC -->
    <profile>
      <id>linux-ppc</id>
      <properties>
        <swt.platformrelated.groupId>org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux
</swt.platformrelated.groupId>
        <swt.platformrelated.artifactId>ppc</swt.platformrelated.artifactId>
        <equinox.launcher.platformrelated.groupId>
org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux
</equinox.launcher.platformrelated.groupId>
        <equinox.launcher.platformrelated.artifactId
>ppc</equinox.launcher.platformrelated.artifactId>
        <studio.launcher.platformrelated.groupId>org.apache.directory.studio
</studio.launcher.platformrelated.groupId>
        <studio.launcher.platformrelated.artifactId
>launcher-linux</studio.launcher.platformrelated.artifactId>
      </properties>
    </profile>

    <!-- Windows -->
    <profile>
      <id>win32</id>
      <properties>
        <swt.platformrelated.groupId>org.eclipse.swt.win32.win32
</swt.platformrelated.groupId>
        <swt.platformrelated.artifactId>x86</swt.platformrelated.artifactId>
        <equinox.launcher.platformrelated.groupId>
org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32
</equinox.launcher.platformrelated.groupId>
        <equinox.launcher.platformrelated.artifactId
>x86</equinox.launcher.platformrelated.artifactId>
        <studio.launcher.platformrelated.groupId>org.apache.directory.studio
</studio.launcher.platformrelated.groupId>
        <studio.launcher.platformrelated.artifactId
>launcher-win32</studio.launcher.platformrelated.artifactId>
      </properties>
    </profile>

    <!-- Mac OS X -->
    <profile>
      <id>macosx</id>
      <properties>
        <swt.platformrelated.groupId>org.eclipse.swt.carbon
</swt.platformrelated.groupId>
        <swt.platformrelated.artifactId
>macosx</swt.platformrelated.artifactId>
        <equinox.launcher.platformrelated.groupId>
org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.carbon
</equinox.launcher.platformrelated.groupId>
        <equinox.launcher.platformrelated.artifactId
>macosx</equinox.launcher.platformrelated.artifactId>
        <studio.launcher.platformrelated.groupId>org.apache.directory.studio
</studio.launcher.platformrelated.groupId>
        <studio.launcher.platformrelated.artifactId
>launcher-macosx</studio.launcher.platformrelated.artifactId>
      </properties>
    </profile>
  </profiles>

Theses dependencies must be added to the eclipse dependencies section:
      <dependency>
        <groupId>org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux</groupId>
        <artifactId>x86</artifactId>
        <version>1.0.2.R331_v20071019</version>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux</groupId>
        <artifactId>x86_64</artifactId>
        <version>1.0.2.R331_v20071019</version>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.gtk.linux</groupId>
        <artifactId>ppc</artifactId>
        <version>1.0.2.R331_v20071019</version>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32</groupId>
        <artifactId>x86</artifactId>
        <version>1.0.2.R331_v20071019</version>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.carbon</groupId>
        <artifactId>macosx</artifactId>
        <version>1.0.2.R331_v20071019</version>
      </dependency>

And these ones to the Apache Directory Studio dependencies
<dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.directory.studio</groupId>
        <artifactId>laucher-linux</artifactId>
        <version>1.1.0</version>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.directory.studio</groupId>
        <artifactId>laucher-macosx</artifactId>
        <version>1.1.0</version>
      </dependency>
      <dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.directory.studio</groupId>
        <artifactId>laucher-win32</artifactId>
        <version>1.1.0</version>
      </dependency>

Finally (this is the part I could not achieve correctly...), we need to
update the build to use the new 'studio launcher' with its 'equinox
dependency' instead of the old eclipse distribution we were using.

WDYT ? (I hope it is clear enough... If not, don't hesitate to ask...)

Pierre-Arnaud