directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Studio] Eclipse 3.3.1 dependencies + "Mavenization" of the trunk
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 13:20:27 GMT
On Jan 3, 2008 12:16 PM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org> wrote:

> I neither don't now. I can test at home if it could work. But I'm not
> sure if it's a good idea to misuse svn for this.

That's also the reason why I was wondering if we were able to do this...
That's not really the purpose of the svn server.

Thinking about resources and performance I can imagine it's better to
> put it somewhere in http://p.a.o/~.../maven2 <http://p.a.o/%7E.../maven2>.
> I can put it to http://p.a.o/~/felix/studio-eclipse-m2<http://p.a.o/%7E/felix/studio-eclipse-m2>
> e.g.

Yes, that's a better idea. We could test with this location and move the
repo to another location under http://directory.apache.org/studio/... once
we switch the build system.

It makes definitely more sense to use my sandbox than creating you own
> branch. It's open to everyone working on the mavenization of studio and
> the easiest way to share code when working on the same problems :-)

Cool. :)

I was wondering how you (prepared and) installed the eclipse dependencies in
the m2 repo.
I have a few new dependencies to add to it.
I added the Studio launchers zip archives to the repo using the 'mvn
instal:install-file' command but it does not generate the associated *.sha1
files.
Here's what I have done to install one of the packages :
mvn install:install-file -Dfile=launcher-linux-1.1.0.zip -DgroupId=
org.apache.directory.studio -DartifactId=launcher-linux
-Dversion=1.1.0-Dpackaging=zip

Should I use another command ?

Thanks
Pierre-Arnaud