directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Studio] Eclipse 3.3.1 dependencies + "Mavenization" of the trunk
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 11:02:04 GMT
Hi Felix,

I'm still fighting with the 'local-repository'.
> We can also create our 'own' maven2 remote repository with the needed
> eclipse dependencies and have it online instead of
> putting all the binaries into the repository, e.g.
> http://people.apache.org/~felixk/maven2<http://people.apache.org/%7Efelixk/maven2>(or
any other url)
> and add this repository in the studios root pom.xml.

I agree with that.

It could be great to create a specific Maven2 repo in a new branch in SVN at
the root of the Directory project space, something like "
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/maven2/trunk". But I don't know if
it possible (and/or allowed).

> Doing so we could avoid definitely the problems we the generation of those
> nasty '${local-repository}' (or so)
> directories which happens depending of the location (studio root or
> subproject) you start the mvn command from.

It would be great.

I'm working on the generation of the zip packages for the specific RCP
launcher applications for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows.
When I have something working, do I commit in your sandbox, Felix, or do I
create a branch in my own sandbox and commit there ?

Thanks,
Pierre-Arnaud