directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ServerEntry] API stupidity...
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 21:39:06 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> FYI will get to this and others later today.  Excuse the delay.
One more reason this API is badly designed :

there is no way to deserialize a ServerEntry, as we have no way to
create a new ServerAttribute without having a reference to the
AttributeType registry. The very same for the Registry reference needed
for the ServerEntry instance, which is also needed.

With a ServerEntry -> ClientEntry o-> Entry hierarchy, we could create
the instances without those Registry and AttributeType registry
reference, to add them later.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com