directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Alderson" <Martin.Alder...@salfordsoftware.co.uk>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS][Mitosis] Testing
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2008 17:55:58 GMT

Thanks for the response Emmanuel.

> Even for our users, I don't know if we have any valuable piece of
> documentation which explains how to setup replication.

That's probably for the best at the moment!  I'll try and help with some documentation a bit
later on once we have a reliable replication system.

Better dev documentation would probably also help.  At the moment I am struggling to understand
the MINA / threading side of things.

> When it comes to asynchornous mechanisms, brain and luck are the
> best tools to find potential bugs and potential regression, IMHO.

I agree - many of the bugs I have found so far were just theoretical to start with.  It's
a shame that brain and luck can't be automated!

Thanks,

Martin