directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Martin Alderson" <Martin.Alder...@salfordsoftware.co.uk>
Subject Re: [Studio] Update of the root page of the website
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 10:24:14 GMT

This is a very nice looking page. Well done Pierre-Arnaud!

I take it the "LDAP Browser Feature", "LDIF Editor Feature" etc links
with magnifying glasses will go to other pages once it's live? (I got a
little confused over them!)

Sort of off topic: does anyone else think the sub-project links along
the top of the page should be made to stand out a bit more?  Every time
I go to directory.apache.org I go straight to the links down the side
and end up at either a download page or a documentation page.

Oh, and while I'm at it the site scrolls down very slowly (in firefox
at least) - I think that's because of the fixed background image.

Martin

>>> Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> 22/01/2008 23:50 >>>
This is way better than what we had before !

Sometime, I wonder if we are talented at all when it comes to GUI and
Web pages, but I may just do a sed s/we are/I am/ ... It's obvious that

this proposal has much more 'professional touch' that the one we
currently have !

Thanks Pierre-Arnaud !

Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As we're finish the work for the 1.1 release of Apache Directory
> Studio, a few days ago I started to think about an update of the
> design of the root page of the Studio Website to announce the 1.1
version.

> I was preparing this with the 1.1 release in mind but, as we'll
> probably submit a nomination for the Eclipse Community Awards, I'm
> thinking we should maybe release this before the submission (if you
> like it of course... ;) ). The sooner, the better...
>
> I uploaded a demo webpage of what the design of the root page would
> look like at this URL :
> http://people.apache.org/~pamarcelot/Studio_Website_1.1_HTML
> <http://people.apache.org/%7Epamarcelot/Studio_Website_1.1_HTML>
>
> WDYT ?
>
> Thanks,
> Pierre-Arnaud
>
> PS: Notice the tiny little slideshow animation on the screenshots...

> :p BTW, these are not the definitive screenshots...
>
> PS: If we decide to apply this design before the 1.1 release, the
> download badge will, of course, not be referencing version 1.1 but
> version 1.0.1.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com