directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [Studio] Should we release RC versions of Studio ? (was 'Re: [STUDIO] Next version')
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2008 14:58:13 GMT
Felix Knecht wrote:
>> [X] +1 We should release RC versions first, prior to releasing a
>> major update.
> +0 (non binding)
> I don't know much about 'Who uses Apache Directory Studio'.
we neither :) The only thing we can tell is that there are more than 10
000 downloads since last year !
> OOH it doesn't makes a good impression to the user when a bugfix
> release follows immediately after a release,
> OTH do we get some better feedback from the User community when
> releasing an RC first or do users only use released versions?
At least, users are aware that a RC may be not fully bug free (GA aren't
bug free either, but at least, it's supposed to be more stable ...)

The idea behind a RC is just to wait N weeks before we can release a GA
: generally speaking, if there are big bugs, then we fix them and either
we release a GA, or switch to a RC2 if the bug might have huge impact.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message