directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [Studio] Should we release RC versions of Studio ? (was 'Re: [STUDIO] Next version')
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2008 14:46:38 GMT
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot schrieb:
> Hi Dev,
>
> I think Emmanuel's question is very interesting and deserves to be
> voted on the ML.
>
> Time to vote:
> [ ] +1 We should release RC versions first, prior to releasing a major
> update.
> [ ] +/-0 Abstain
> [ ] -1 We should not release RC versions first, but the final version
> (and, eventually, release a service update very quickly if some
> important bugs are discovered)

+0 (non binding)

I don't know much about 'Who uses Apache Directory Studio'.
OOH it doesn't makes a good impression to the user when a bugfix release
follows immediately after a release,
OTH do we get some better feedback from the User community when
releasing an RC first or do users only use released versions?

Felix