directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ServerEntry] ProtectedItems compatibility...
Date Sun, 20 Jan 2008 22:05:22 GMT
Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Alex Karasulu schrieb:
>
>> Hi Emmanuel,
>>
>> I sympathize with you.  This ACDF engine is a mess besides having this
>> problem.  Before we can evaluate our options I think we have to ask
>> ourselves if this code is being used by the Studio folks.
>>

> In Studio we are using the ACI parser and objects (package
> org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.aci) for the ACI editor. So please
> don't move it to the core, if possible.

We won't move it, definitively.

The next question is : what will be the impact on Studio if we swiwth
from JNDI Attribute to the new implementation, assuming we ues the
ClientAttribute classes instead ?

For instance, we have this class :

public static class AttributeValue extends ProtectedItem

which stores the protected items into a Collection<Attribute>. If we
change that, it will stores a Collection<EntryAttribute<Value<?>> instead.

Huge impact ? How does it line up with the next Studio release ?

We also have to consider the fact that you will need a shared-ldap
release too, may be before the release.

wdyt ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny