directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [ServerEntry] ProtectedItems compatibility...
Date Sun, 20 Jan 2008 10:31:57 GMT
Hi,

I'm stuck in some chicken and egg problem again... The ACDF engine uses
collections of elements to allow or forbid access to those elements. For
instance, we can forbid access to some specific values of a specific
attribute, and we use a ProtectedItem.AttributeValue element for that
purpose.

As you can see, we have a collection of valued Attributes stored
somewhere, and this collection has been created by the ACIItem parser.
(Basically, you create a list of protected values, stores it in the
server, the parser is kicked on while adding this data into the server,
the collections are fed, and now the server is able to protect the data
by filtering them using the newly updated collections).

The problem is that the ACIIterm parser is defined in shared-ldap, where
we have no knowledge about the registry. If we want to store those
AttributeValue elements, we have to create Attribute, and we have to use
the JNDI Attribute for that, because we can't have access to the
AttributeType registry in shared-ldap. But every element in the server
aren't anymore JNDI Attribute, so we are stuck in the mud here... Either
we translate the ServerAttribute to JNDI Attribute, or we modify the
parser to generate ServerAttribute instances. (which mean : the ACIItem
parser is moved from JNDI to some other place).

Both choices are wrong ... So what can we do ?

Any idea ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com