directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ServerEntry] SP modification
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:43:44 GMT
Ersin Er wrote:
> Hmm..
>
> This effects the client side. So SPs at the client side need to be
> written SPs with ServerEntry. My intent was using JNDI as much as
> possible but if this is the way we need to go then OK. (Well, we also
> have LdapDN used in SPs.)

Yes, I'am aware of that, and this is the exact reason why I posted this
mail to the ML. I do think, like you, that we should use the JNDI API
for SP, but I don't have time right now to implement it.

I have written some conversion utilities (Attributes<-> ServerEntry and
Attribute <-> ServerAttribute ), so it shoul dnot be complex to check
the parameter type, and to translate it if necessary.

That raise another question (lack of time to RTFM ...) : do we have an
API for SP ?

Thanks Ersin !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny