directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [ServerEntry] SP modification
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:23:22 GMT
Hi guys,

I wanted to emphasis the fact that I have modified the StoredProcedure
to use only ServerEntry. This has an impact on the existing SP
(BackupUtilitiesSP) :

public static void backupDeleted( LdapContext ctx, LdapDN deletedEntryName,
                                      LdapDN operationPrincipal,
ServerEntry deletedEntry )

instead of :

public static void backupDeleted( LdapContext ctx, LdapDN deletedEntryName,
                                      LdapDN operationPrincipal,
Attributes deletedEntry )

If someone has defined some SP using Attributes, he will get some awfull
exception.

I'm not sure that it's the best solution ever, and that we could not
find a better way to go (like implementing some kind of automatic
conversion from ServerEntry to Attributes), but at least, it works !

This mail is to let you think about the consequences of my modification.
I'm waiting for further ideas on the subject, as I don't have the best
insight on this piece of code.

So, wdyt ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny