directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [ServerEntry] shared-ldap and the migration ...
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2008 13:54:44 GMT
Hi guys,

I' still changing every occurence of [Basic]Attribute[s][impl] we have
in the server, and I'm now facing some interesting challenges :
shared-ldap contains a lot of helper classes and methods which were
created to help the poor souls when they were manipulating the JNDI
objects. Those helper methods/classes are not anymore necessary, or if
they are, they do not deserve to be included into shared-ldap, I think.

What if we move those elements into core-entry ? The main reason is that
we need to access server specific elements, which are not available in
shared-ldap ( for evident cycle dependency avoidence reasons).

wdyt ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com