directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ServerEntry serialization issues
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2008 10:25:20 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Something needs to be done here since there's a global static in there
> that we use to set these registries.  The registries can be injected
> by an overloaded version of the the deserializing stream as David
> suggests or some callback can be used perhaps to set the registry to
> be used.
Either a callback or an injection sounds good to me. I thought again
about this problem under my shower [1] and found that we must store this
Registries/DS into each entry, to avoid passing this element in each
method call. Any other solution has much more side effect :
 - a singleton is a no-go, because ADS is embeddable, and we don't want
to define our own class-loader.
 - storing this info in a ThreadLocal seems too costly... (to be
double-checked)

So I will try to implement David's trick, and may be Alex's one, if I
have time. The reason I prefer David's idea is just because it's
isolated, and deasy to implement.

Thanks guys !

[1] the most wonderfull thing about shower is that it's not only a place
where you sing and wash, it's also a place you have the brightest ideas
every day. I don't know why, but this is it. Sadly, we are wired with
short term memory, and as soon as we get out of the shower, the towel
acts as a memory eraser ;)

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com