directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject ServerEntry serialization issues
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 16:32:27 GMT
Hi,

while dealing with some tricky serialization code, I faced some little
problem... We currently can only serialize a straight ServerEntry
without its reference to the registries, but then when we need to
deserialize the ServerEntry, we will have to add those registries after
the entry has been read from disk (or memory).

This is a little bit cumbersome, as it forces the developper to remember
to do so, otherwise, he won't be able to modify the entry.

Another problem I'm facing is that Mitosis currently use Entry to
communicate between two servers. For the same obvious reason, there is
no mean to save the registries in the serialazed form of the
ServerEntry, so I'm just wondering if we should not simply use the LDIF
Entry structure to exchange entries ?

Right now, I will translate ServerEntry to Attributes and back, until we
have a clear vision of what we need to do.

wdyt ? Any other better idea to solve these problems ?

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org