directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about Big Bang, POM's and IntelliJ IDEA
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2008 23:34:40 GMT
Randy Motluck wrote:
> All,
>
> The Maven idea:idea plugin does not seem to work since the big bang
> refactoring.  Was there something that I missed?
Well, we never used mvn idea:idea so far

> I did not see anything to this issue in the mailing list, so maybe
> everyone is using Eclipse.  I may as well...  It works as far as
> saying it is successful, but IntelliJ IDEA can't load all the .iml
> module files throughout the project.
We are using Eclipse and idea, depending on how people feel about the
evil IDe is the one he don't use ;)

You can use Idea without any problem, if you use 7.x version, because it
can load the main pom.xml and build the entire problem like a charm (I
tested it, and I'm not an idea fan, so trust me when I say it works ;)
Hope it helps !

Note : I'm using eclipse for years now (since 1.0-RC1...), so I won't
switch to Idea, just because I'm confortable with Eclipse, not because
Idea is bad. Just to tell ...

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com