directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Entry serialization
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:50:30 GMT
Hi guys,

as I need to rewrite the serialization for ServerEntry, ServerAttribute,
ServerValue, DN, RDN and AttributeTypeAndValue, I have had some ideas,
and I would like to know your opinion :

- what about adding a flag to tell the serialization methods (those
classes are Externalizable) to encrypt/decrypt the data on disk ? Tis
would be a much better solution than to define an encryption option to
be added to all the attributes (like "cn;encrypted=fR5*za"). All the
data will be encrypted before being serialized to disk. It would be off
by default, of course

- what about adding another attribute (operational) which will contain
the Entry signature? This will ensure that the data won't be modified

wdyt ?

PS: this *won't* be added to the 2.0 version...

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org