directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio] [Mavenization] Exception when running the studio:eclipse task
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2008 14:31:37 GMT
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot schrieb:

> On Jan 7, 2008 3:13 PM, Felix Knecht <felixk@apache.org
> <mailto:felixk@apache.org>> wrote:
>
>     I think so, yes. It's anyway in the svn:ignore property - and then we
>     need to avoid creating (or redeleting it) when eclipse:eclipse is run
>     from root. Do I import the subprojects wrongly in eclipse when
>     following
>     http://directory.apache.org/studio/working.html '...you'll have
>     all the
>     projects ready to be imported in Eclipse.'? I import each
>     subproject on
>     its own -> importing ~26 subproject and then having ~26 project in
>     eclipse (and this way the root .project didn't disturbs me in any
>     way).
>

> I do you do that ??? I'm importing in Eclipse using "File >
> Import...", then "General" > "Existing Project into Workspace". Do you
> import projects the same way ?
No: "New" > "Project > then "General" > then add Name and select
location (not 'Use default location') pointing to the sbuproject folder.
Looks like I already start with a different point (New instead of import).

> When I do it that way, first, Eclipse only see one project (because of
> the .project at the root), then, when the .project file is deleted, I
> can see differents projects with the same name in the import panel.
>

>     I just adapt the naming of the subproject artifacts to the (OSGi)
>     naming
>     which was used by the maven guys to generate the eclipse artifact,
>     which
>     is (at least I think so) the package name (except the last part) as
>     groupId and the last part as artifactId.
>     But I'm still a newby on developing plugins for eclipse and do really
>     not know what's best and you do have a lot more experience in
>     this. So
>     do what you think is necessary and best to make it work :-)
>

> Héhé. Although it would be good to stick to the OSGI naming used by
> the maven guys, in our case, I think we'll need to change it... :(

NP just go ahead and do what needs to be done. (I'm not sure if it would
work the way I do with "New > Project ...").