directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio] [Mavenization] Exception when running the studio:eclipse task
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2008 14:13:31 GMT
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot schrieb:
> Thanks for fixing this, Felix.
>
> I can now run the studio:eclipse task without errors. :D
>
> I tried to import the projects in Eclipse and I got two problems.
>
> First, the .project file situated at the root of your sandbox is
> hidding the projects underneath ( i.e. all our projects actually). So
> to be able to import our projects, I had to delete it before.
> Is this file useful ? Can we remove it ?

I think so, yes. It's anyway in the svn:ignore property - and then we
need to avoid creating (or redeleting it) when eclipse:eclipse is run
from root. Do I import the subprojects wrongly in eclipse when following
http://directory.apache.org/studio/working.html '...you'll have all the
projects ready to be imported in Eclipse.'? I import each subproject on
its own -> importing ~26 subproject and then having ~26 project in
eclipse (and this way the root .project didn't disturbs me in any way).

> Secondly, I was not able to import all the projects... We the current
> naming scheme, we have several projects with the same project name (
> e.g. org.apache.directory.studio.ldapbrowser.core becomes project
> 'core' in Eclipse, same thing with
> org.apache.directory.studio.connection.core.).
> I think we should change our project scheme and use
> 'org.apache.directory.studio ' as groupId in all our project. Then, we
> could set the artifactId with the remaining part of the project name.
> E.g. the LDAP Browser Core project would have
> 'org.apache.directory.studio' as groupId and 'ldapbrowser.core ' as
> artifactId. This will prevent us from having import problems in Eclipse.
> WDYT ?

I just adapt the naming of the subproject artifacts to the (OSGi) naming
which was used by the maven guys to generate the eclipse artifact, which
is (at least I think so) the package name (except the last part) as
groupId and the last part as artifactId.
But I'm still a newby on developing plugins for eclipse and do really
not know what's best and you do have a lot more experience in this. So
do what you think is necessary and best to make it work :-)

Regards
Felix