directory-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Swanson <m...@ScheduleWorld.com>
Subject Re: need socket auto-close
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2008 20:08:07 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> I guess this is due to clients that do not unbind or stay connected
> for a long time?   You using persistent search anywhere?
stay connected: Initially I thought so. After monitoring things for a
day it seems this is the case. I'm not using persistent search, but
quite a lot of different clients are connecting (I do not know how many
types) and maybe one or more of them are.

> In either case I would look into the LDAP protocol provider code.  You
> could hack the code so that a sweeper checks MINA sessions every now
> and closes them if they have been idle for some time: there is a MINA
> Session idleTime() or something like that to look up the idle time of
> a session which represents the amount of time passed since data was
> transmitted or received between the client and the server.
Thank you. I have a feeling I may need to do that. I hope not.

Cheers.