directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <>
Subject Re: svn commit: r608665 - in /directory/sandbox/felixk: ./ studio/ studio/src/main/assembly/
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 22:51:18 GMT
> Log:
> Adapt the build process for distributions.

I adapted the poms and added comments (studio/pom.xml) about how it should work.
Still different things todo:
- I'm not sure about the structure of a distributed application. Except for macosx I think
it should look like

   +-- ApacheDirectoryStudio
   +-- ApacheDir...xpm
   +--> plugins
   +--> features
   + ...
To get this as easy as possible I 'unprefixed' the and put it in
(BTW you can preserve permission (like execute) in tarfiles).
For the 2 other launchers I haven't done yet, so the ApacheDirectoryFile(.xpm) is missplaced
in the dist.

- I still can't start the distributed application for linux (but time's running out for this
- The macosx "hack" Pierre-Arnaud mentioned in [1] is probably done best by adapting the assembly-descriptor
to copy
  the files into the mentioned 'hidden inside' folder.

View raw message