directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio] Eclipse 3.3.1 dependencies + "Mavenization" of the trunk
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 11:16:33 GMT
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot schrieb:
> Hi Felix,
>
>     I'm still fighting with the 'local-repository'.
>     We can also create our 'own' maven2 remote repository with the
>     needed eclipse dependencies and have it online instead of
>     putting all the binaries into the repository, e.g.
>     http://people.apache.org/~felixk/maven2
>     <http://people.apache.org/%7Efelixk/maven2> (or any other url)
>     and add this repository in the studios root pom.xml.
>

> I agree with that.
>
> It could be great to create a specific Maven2 repo in a new branch in
> SVN at the root of the Directory project space, something like "
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/maven2/trunk". But I don't
> know if it possible (and/or allowed).

I neither don't now. I can test at home if it could work. But I'm not
sure if it's a good idea to misuse svn for this.
Thinking about resources and performance I can imagine it's better to
put it somewhere in http://p.a.o/~.../maven2.
I can put it to http://p.a.o/~/felix/studio-eclipse-m2 e.g.

>     Doing so we could avoid definitely the problems we the generation
>     of those nasty '${local-repository}' (or so)
>     directories which happens depending of the location (studio root
>     or subproject) you start the mvn command from.
>

> It would be great.
>

> I'm working on the generation of the zip packages for the specific RCP
> launcher applications for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows.
> When I have something working, do I commit in your sandbox, Felix, or
> do I create a branch in my own sandbox and commit there ?

It makes definitely more sense to use my sandbox than creating you own
branch. It's open to everyone working on the mavenization of studio and
the easiest way to share code when working on the same problems :-)

Regards
Felix