directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio] Name for classes, was: [New Entry API] Name for classes
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 21:40:08 GMT
Stefan Seelmann schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> in Studio we currently use all kind of naming schema
> - sometimes the "I" prefix for interfaces, I choosed it because it is
> used in the Eclispe API
> - sometimes the Default prefix for implementations
> - sometimes the Impl suffix for classed
> - ...
>
> I think we should also use a common naming schema and I would suggest to
> use the server's naming schema:
>
>>     >     >     (interface) ServerEntry
>>     >     >     (abstract class) AbstractServerEntry
>>     >     >     (class implementation) DefaultServerEntry
>
> We don't need to rename all interfaces and classes immediately, but if
> we refactor one or create a new one we should follow this convention.
>
> WDYT?

Look @ http://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxDEV/coding-standards.html. The last changes are older than
one year, but nevertheless
it's still valid and above fits quite good. Only DefaultServerEntry should be named DefaultServerEntryImpl
(I hope the
lowercase i of impl is a typo).

What is missing on the wiki page from my POV are some generic formatting rules about xml.

Felix