directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Custine" <ccust...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Docs for daemon-plugin?
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2008 21:21:39 GMT
I'm really happy to hear that you are interested in adding these install
packages.  I did a fair bit of work on the daemon project a few months ago
so I will try to give you a bit of info.

In a nutshell, the daemon plugin creates an install image using the
CreateImageCommand class.  Then each package type extends Target and
MojoCommand, so for instance the rpm packager has RpmInstallerCommand and
RpmTarget.  The Target class gets configured from the pom.xml in the daemon
plugin section and passes the props to the MojoCommand which then runs
whatever commands necessary to create the package.

That is the most basic info, obviously there is more to it than that but
hopefully that can get you started.  There are also some places where the
work was ongoing and needs to be cleaned up a bit since this framework has
gone through several iterations to get where it is.  Suggestions are welcome
and if you want to help out and make improvements we are glad to work with
you.  As the number of platforms has expanded, the requirements and updates
to the daemon framework has increased to make things more flexible so I
would imagine the same will be true to add the packages you are mentioning.

If you have more specific questions feel free to post here or ask on IRC and
I will try to help out.

Thanks,
Chris