directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Chris Custine" <ccust...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Partition design and interfaces
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2008 16:39:50 GMT
I really like the idea of an exception hierarchy specific to partitions (the
root cause from the underlying data store would always be made available
anyway).  Like Ersin mentions, Spring does something similar with their DAO
abstraction on top of Hibernate, JDBC, etc. and I think it works really
well, but I do think checked exceptions are more pertinent in our use case.

I support option 3.

Chris