directory-dev mailing list archives

From Przemyslaw Rudzki <er...@erace.pl>
Subject Re: [Feedback needed] ADS pros and cons ?
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 14:09:31 GMT
Hi,

> 1) What are you using ADS for ? Is it in production, used to do some
> tests during developpement, or simply as a toy ?

I like to deploy ADS as web app (WAR) in testing and some non demanding
production envs. The process is that simple:
1. Have some example.com.ldif ready (exported via ADS Studio)
2. Put it in the user home dir (no matter if this is win or lin)
3. Deploy war (simply copy to jboss deploy dir)
4. During startup import data from example.com.ldif
5. And I am done and ready to use/test my ldap related functionality

> 2) What are the Pros and Cons you clearly see ?

Pros: simple to setup, simple to manipulate, small.
Cons: maybe I have not checked carefully enough but some replication
would be nice.

> 3) What would be the major features or improvement you are expecting to
> see in the near future ?

Replication ;-).

> 4) Are you a commercial entity, an non-for profit organization, an
> Apache project, a student or an individual just interested in the techno
> ? (no name needed)

Commercial.

> 5) Any other opinion or feedback you would like to share with us ?

Maybe it would be nice to manipulate some config data in for the running
instance and then export it to be easily importable for new deployments.

Good work guys! And all the best in 2008!

Rgds,

/p