Hi Howard and Quanah,

Thanks for supplying all this great information on your replication mechanism. I'm going to need to read all this material and RFC4533 to educate myself a little bit. I'm really intrigued by how you adapted syncrepl to do MMR.

Regards,
Alex

On Dec 1, 2007 7:55 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com> wrote:

--On December 1, 2007 4:45:51 PM -0800 Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

>> That sounds like a sensible approach. Searching the changelog is the
>> key. I'd love to get the big picture here and try to make sure we can
>> replicate between ApacheDS and OpenLDAP. This would be very beneficial
>> to both user bases.
>
> It sounds to me like you already have all of the schema elements in place
> to get RFC4533 implemented. We can work out the delta MMR stuff as a
> joint project, always good to have someone else to check our assumptions.

Also, if you are interested in setting up OpenLDAP with delta-syncrel, I
documented it on Symas' tech tips at:

<http://www.connexitor.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3>

It's been my preferred replication mechanism with OpenLDAP, as it is
significantly less overhead traffic wise as well in a high-write
environment.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount