directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ServerEntry API] AttributeType into Values
Date Sun, 16 Dec 2007 19:26:26 GMT
> This also opens up another topic: what semanitics do we intend for
> adding the values of one attribute to another attribute which
> potentially can be of another AT? I am leaning towards only allowing
> the addition of vales of an attribute foo to attribute bar if and only
> if foo attribute is an instanceOf() the attributeType of bar. Hence
> why I added this method in just recently.

My personnal opinion is that as soon as the bar AT accept the value
taken from AT foo (ie, the value is valid accordingly to the bar SC),
then I don't see why we shouldn't allow this move. At least, it will
be slightly less restrictive.

In any case, I had this pb in mind and this was why I asked if we
should check the syntax when adding a value ... For the
ServerAttribute, I think that it's the developper responsability to
assume this check.

> It never ends :).

Hopefully ! Otherwise, it would be soooo boring ;)

--
Regards,
Cordialement,