directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject New Year's Resolutions
Date Mon, 31 Dec 2007 17:31:37 GMT
Hi all,

I thought I'd post my personal New Year's Resolutions for the Apache
Directory Project. These are things that I would like to do to make the
Directory project healthier from multiple perspectives.

(0) Have more fun, communicate better and help make the community more
cohesive.
(1) Help increase the size of the active community with a healthy
distribution of committers and PMC members across subprojects.
(2) Reduce my personal influence on project direction: I want to see more
people taking on administrative roles to help govern project direction.
(3) Increase the release rate across all subprojects.
(4) Greater automation, better infrastructure, and utilization of tools.
(5) Greater collaboration, reuse and possibly some formal alliance with our
good friends in the OpenLDAP community.
(6) More efficient processes and better information with a greater frequency
of knowledge transfer.
(7) Increase the user community and get better feedback from them.
(8) Promote the Integration of ApacheDS into various open and closed source
projects requiring either an embedded LDAP server or a standalone one for
operation.
(9) Eat our own dog food by implementing an LDAP solution here for the
Apache Software Foundation for projects, people, and other resources that
need to be looked up.

Here are my top 10 activities or technical goals for 08:

(0) Finish this darn big bang ASAP
(1) Complete the roadmap as best as possible to release 2.0 by end of Q1
(2) Implement all features required of a mature enterprise grade directory
(3) Finally make the move to OSGi at some point in 08 (probably after 2.0now)
(4) Kick off client API and Java 2 LDAP mapping projects
(5) Revitalize the Triplesec Identity Effort
(6) Interoperability at multiple levels with OpenLDAP
(7) Work on the implementation and standardization of next generation LDAP
features:
    - triggers
    - stored procedures
(8) Increase Test Coverage, improve efficiency and stability of the server.
(9) Get hands on with Studio and help to make it into a developer's dream
tool for LDAP rather than just a browser and schema editor.

Alex