directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Happy new year !
Date Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:40:25 GMT
On Dec 31, 2007 11:21 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,

It's cool to be able to say Ladies in the greeting.  Not many projects can
say that.

> I wish you an Happy New Year ! I hope that 2008 will be way better than
> 2007, with less wars, less bugs and less cholesterol :)

+1

> I also wish that we will get new versions to the public, new features,
> and get more and more (happy) users, some more committers, and also some
> more documentation ;)

+1

> 2007 was pretty good from the projects' perspective, with seven new
> committers :
>  - Martin Alderson (ADS)
>  - Martin Bosteels (MINA)
>  - Chris Custine (ADS)
>  - Jeff Genender (MINA),
>  - Niklas Gustavsson (MINA)
>  - Mike Heath (MINA)
>  - Felix Knecht (ADS)
>  - Mark Webb (MINA)

Indeed this was most excellent.

> Alex Karasulu was also crazy enough to let me become the ADS project
> Chairman, I wish I did not do too bad ...

I did not "let" you do anything.  I resigned since it is best for the
project and the PMC chose you :).  Projects should cycle the chair position
regularly.

You're doing a much better job and I personally am very thankful for it.

> Last, not least, we have seen some of our projects' committers being
> accepted as Apache members :
>  - Alan Cabrera
>  - Jeff Genender
>  - David Jencks
>  - Trustin Lee
>  - and myself

All of you are great people that make the foundation much better.

> So this is it ! We are done with Year-2.0.0-7, get ready for
> Year-2.0.0-8-RC1 !

Yeah!!! On a side note I'd like to kick off a project specific thread
without cross posting to see what peoples expectations and resolutions are
for these projects for 08.

Happy New Year,
Alex