directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheDS bigbang configuration: allowAnonymousAccess Question
Date Sun, 30 Dec 2007 17:50:18 GMT
Stefan,

There are different levels at which anonymous access is controlled depending
on how an anonymous user comes into the system.  At a bare minimum in
embedded mode the authentication interceptor needs some configuration on how
to handle users that are anonymous.  Then if LDAP access is enabled over the
wire then this configuration information is needed by the protocol services
as well.  I guess this can be extracted from the directory service but some
times there may need to be some override - don't remember exactly.

What I want to do is finish up a few things in this second phase that
effects how authentication may be done and review the authentication
interceptor and this configuration stuff.  Something here is not right and I
have not had the time to really sit down and figure it all out.

Perhaps we should just suspend this one parameter's documentation until
these issues are clearly resolved or understood?

Thanks,
Alex