directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [bigbang] Internal bind problem
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 23:15:00 GMT
On Dec 19, 2007 6:10 PM, Enrique Rodriguez <enriquer9@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 19, 2007 2:33 PM, Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@apache.org> wrote:
> > I really would stay away from using the overloaded version of the method
> > that does not require a normalized DN , if you could please make that
> one
> > throw an exception as well.  The best thing to do is to normalize the
> DN.
> > You can do this by getting a handle on the directoryService and using
> that
> > to get access to the attributeType registry.  Then use this to get the
> > normalizer to attribute type mapping that is fed into the normalize()
> method
> > as the argument.
>
> 1)  OK, these are more the steps to get this working that I was
> picturing.  I will try this.

Let me know if you need a hand or have any questions.

> 2)  I haven't looked yet, but KdcServer fails if anonymous access is
> disabled.  I suspect this is due to a similar issue, that KdcServer is
> not yet wired properly to access the directory service using a proper
> admin principal.

Hmmm yeah it might be.  This big bang shook up a lot of things even though
it will all get better.  However I think we need to figure out some testing
strategy besides just the unit tests to make sure all is doing well.

> 3)  I will add the check to throw an IllegalStateException to the
> other form of the LdapPrincipal constructor.

Thanks!

> 4)  I noticed SaslGssapiBindITest got moved to 'protocol-kerberos'.  I
> suspect this was to get it out of the way and you guys were going to
> revisit it.  Anyway, I have it working again, but this time with the
> kerberos-client, so I expect it should be in 'server-unit', alongside
> the other integration tests, so I will check in what I have and move
> it there.  Can you ACK this change?

Yeah I emailed immediately below for this.  Having this stuff in server-unit
will enable us to do what we did in core-unit with the integration tests
(the speedups).

Alex