directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Technicalities of migration of LDAP mapping component to Apache DS project
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 16:49:04 GMT
Hi,

We need to evaluate the size of the contribution.  Jorg can you point us
over to the code repository for it?

On Dec 19, 2007 8:04 AM, Jörg Henne <j.henne@levigo.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> donating the openthinclient.org LDAP mapping component to the Apache DS
> project raises the question of how other members of the
> openthinclient.org team work on the source code. There are currently two
> colleagues of mine working on the code. I see the following solutions:
>
> - We maintain two completely separate code bases. That doesn't sound
> desirable, since they will diverge quickly.
> - We maintain the code in the Apache svn. This would require commit
> access for the code tree of the mapping component.

We can easily accommodate this at some point considering the different
mechanisms available for bringing in new subprojects.  The Directory PMC has
to evaluate how to process this: i.e. does this need incubation or is it
small enough to constitute a simple contribution.

> Oh, and by the way: does anyone can think of a catchy name for this
> thing? It doesn't have to be creative or clever but only a tad bit less
> boring than Object Directory Mapper (ODM?). Currently it doesn't have a
> name at all :-)

ODM sounds good.  I suck at names but I'll let it sit in my head to see if
any ideas come to mind.

Alex