directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject [ApacheDS] Getting odd exceptions when trying to revert changes in stored procedure tests
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2007 08:47:13 GMT
Ersin,

I am trying to get reverts working with SP code.  There are some tricky
things here however these are different points.  What I need to know from
you is why I get this stack trace here when trying to revert the changes of
this test:

SubentryServiceForTriggersIT.testEntryAdd()

Here's the tail end of the trace:

Caused by: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of
range: -1
    at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1938)
    at
org.apache.directory.server.core.sp.StoredProcUtils.extractStoredProcUnitName
(StoredProcUtils.java:47)
    at
org.apache.directory.server.core.sp.StoredProcExecutionManager.findStoredProcUnit
(StoredProcExecutionManager.java:76)
    at
org.apache.directory.server.core.trigger.TriggerInterceptor.executeProcedure
(TriggerInterceptor.java:591)
    at
org.apache.directory.server.core.trigger.TriggerInterceptor.executeTrigger(
TriggerInterceptor.java:578)
    at
org.apache.directory.server.core.trigger.TriggerInterceptor.executeTriggers(
TriggerInterceptor.java:558)
    at org.apache.directory.server.core.trigger.TriggerInterceptor.delete(
TriggerInterceptor.java:310)
    at
org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain$Entry$1.delete
(InterceptorChain.java:1134)
    ... 60 more

The problem seems to stem from trying to extract the class name from this
spec: "LogUtils.logDelete".  Looks like this code tries to get the name of
the class by finding the index of a ':' colon instead of a '.'  -  Why is
that?

Here's the LDIF operation that causes this exception:

   Entry : cn=marked,ou=configuration,ou=system
    Change type is DELETE

Alex