directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject [Studio] Eclipse 3.3.1 dependencies + "Mavenization" of the trunk
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2007 17:52:03 GMT
Hi all,

I'm happy to tell you that I have successfully generated new launchers (for
each platform we support - Mac OS X, Linux and Windows) using Eclipse
3.3.1dependencies (the latest 3.3.1.1
to be precise).

They can be tested on this branch :
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/studio/branches/studio-eclipse-3.3

I think that moving from the old 3.2 to the latest 3.3.1.1 Eclipse
dependencies could be another great feature for Apache Directory Studio
1.1.0. This update has fixed bugs in the core of Eclipse (and has
significantly improved the way widgets are drawn on Mac OS X - at last...).

I was wondering if everybody was OK with releasing Studio 1.1.0 with Eclipse
3.3 dependencies. WDYT ?

I also had a talk with Emmanuel about the "mavenization" of the trunk before
releasing Studio 1.1.0.
Stefan Seelmann and I were more thinking of switching from Ant+Ivy to Maven
after the release, but it could also be interesting to delay a little bit
the release and use this time to switch our build system. This would help us
a lot for future releases, especially if we need to release a 1.1.1 soon
after 1.1.0.

Do you think we should "Mavenize" the build before releasing Studio 1.1.0 ?

Thanks in advance for your wise answers,
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot