directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [bigbang] Internal bind problem
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 21:43:31 GMT
On Dec 19, 2007 12:14 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Enrique,
>
> you can use the ServerDNConstants.ADMIN_SYSTEM_DN_NORMALIZED constant.
> It's a normalized form of the admin principal.

I saw this constant, but the problem is that the LdapPrincipal
constructor calls LdapDN#isNormalized() and throws the
IllegalStateException.  I would need to create the LdapDN with the
above normalized constant AND somehow set isNormalized to return
'true'.

Anyway, I got around this (for now) by noticing that an alternate form
of the LdapPrincipal constructor won't evaluate the
LdapDN#isNormalized and thus won't ever throw the
IllegalStateException.  I just have to pass in a null userPassword.
This doesn't feel like a real solution, but it does allow me to have
SASL GSSAPI integration tests working again.

Enrique