directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Some directory birthdays tomorrow!!!
Date Mon, 31 Dec 2007 16:47:08 GMT
Ahem...

Seems that Alex is having problem with Plaxo ! Not only he flooded the
whole planet with mails 2 months ago, he also trusts blindly the info
Plaxo is sending everyone about birthday anniversary... :)

My parent weren't dumb enough to sabotage their new year day party
having a baby born on this very special day ! They were two busy being
totally blasted to think about that !

When you register on this stupid tool, you are supposed to be born on
January, 1st. What is damn _wrong_ is that I never ever asked this spam
system to send me emails about who is born when, or who had his first
date when, or whatsoever ...

Anyways :) Thanks for that Alex, you were only wrong by 24 days, as I
celebrated my 43 years birthday on december, 8th. (I welcome any late
bottle of alcohol anyone on the list want to send me for this occasion !
Keep in mind that 43 is not only the sign of a elderly coder, but also a
prime number I will now use to write more efficient HashCode() methods.)

And, yes, C was a good language. Being a veteran, I also did some
assembly (Z80, 6502, 6809, Z8000, 8086, 68000), and I programmed in many
flavors of basic (from crappy to space-cake Basic), Algol, Pascal,
Forth, Smalltalk, Fortran, (Lisp (commonLisp leLisp MetaVLisp )),
Jython, Perl, C++, sh, C# (yes, sorry for that ...) and a few other
cryptic languages I wrote myself.

43 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/43_%28number%29) years old is also a
step beyond The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe,
and Everything
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Answer_to_Life%2C_the_Universe%2C_and_Everything>
: 42.

Happy new year !