directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Version tag in the server.xml file ?
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2007 18:37:12 GMT
Alex Karasulu schrieb:
> Hey sorry I missed this one.  +1 to doing this - its a great idea.
> Perhaps even a section where we have:
>
> <version>
>   <major>1</major>
>   <minor>5</minor>
>   <micro>1</micro>
>   <snapshot/>
> </version>
>
> verses ...
>
> <version>1.5.1-SNAPSHOT</version>
>
> This may be overkill though.  WDYT?

Not having much knowledge about the server.xml file, but it's an xml file. So what about a
namespace, e.g.
xmlns:adsver="http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5.1/server" ?

Looking at the server.xml a bit closer it looks like a spring-bean definition file. If this
configuration file is just
'thrown' in spring it probably makes more sense having a (factory-)bean returning just the
version and then injecting
the bean in other beans where ever this could be needful.