directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio] Eclipse 3.3.1 dependencies + "Mavenization" of the trunk
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2007 15:06:17 GMT
Hi,

> I think that moving from the old 3.2 to the latest 3.3.1.1
> <http://3.3.1.1> Eclipse dependencies could be another great feature for
> Apache Directory Studio 1.1.0. This update has fixed bugs in the core of
> Eclipse (and has significantly improved the way widgets are drawn on Mac
> OS X - at last...).
>
> I was wondering if everybody was OK with releasing Studio 1.1.0 with
> Eclipse 3.3 dependencies. WDYT ?

That is great. I really think we should switch to 3.3 as it fixes a lot
of bugs, especially for MacOS ;-)

> I also had a talk with Emmanuel about the "mavenization" of the trunk
> before releasing Studio 1.1.0.
> Stefan Seelmann and I were more thinking of switching from Ant+Ivy to
> Maven after the release, but it could also be interesting to delay a
> little bit the release and use this time to switch our build system.
> This would help us a lot for future releases, especially if we need to
> release a 1.1.1 soon after 1.1.0.
>
> Do you think we should "Mavenize" the build before releasing Studio 1.1.0 ?

Felix made great efforts with the maven build. I think it is OK to
switch to maven before the 1.1.0 release, if Felix has time to make the
distribution build working. I am still a maven fool, so I could only
help with testing and error reporting...

Regards,
Stefan