directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio] Eclipse 3.3.1 dependencies + "Mavenization" of the trunk
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2007 10:21:26 GMT

> I also had a talk with Emmanuel about the "mavenization" of the trunk
> before releasing Studio 1.1.0.
> Stefan Seelmann and I were more thinking of switching from Ant+Ivy to
> Maven after the release, but it could also be interesting to delay a
> little bit the release and use this time to switch our build system.
> This would help us a lot for future releases, especially if we need to
> release a 1.1.1 soon after 1.1.0.
>
> Do you think we should "Mavenize" the build before releasing Studio 1.1.0 ?

Of course my non-binding +1 for this :-)
As it's quite clear now that the mavenized build will have at least eclipse-3.3.1.1 for sure
I'm going to remove the 3.2
dependencies.

Building .classpath and Manifest file seems to work with 3.3 dependencies and I can start
the plugins from within
eclipse without any error messages.
Distribution build needs still some work.

Regards
Felix